Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chiffon Flowers

One of my new obsessions is chiffon flowers! I saw a girl at my Church at Christmas with the CUTEST haircut and the CUTEST black headband with a snappy black chiffon, sparkly flower on it. I thought to myself- I.MUST.HAVE.ONE. I looked around for one and came across a few tutorials online for how to make chiffon flowers so finally, Kaitlin and I settled down to make our very own. We first cut out 5-6 blobby flower shapes, then we singed around the edges with a lighter. I have to admit, I was a little scared of this part- I had visions of the whole thing going up in flames but they actually did pretty well. After the flowers reached a level of desired crispiness, we stacked them and sewed the layers together. Then we sewed little Swarovski crystals through the middle to give it a little sparkle then attached the whole shabang to a headband. I love mine- it's so pretty and feminine. I've since made ones that are just circles which are super cute too and a lot easier then the flowers. Check out the pics below!









































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails